Optimization in Nokia System
April 15, 2010
Posted by on
I got good tutorial from http://www.cellular-planningoptimization.com and I wanna share with you. Its just copy from that good website of RF.
HOSR Analysis-Tips on Nokia system-1
- Co or Adjacent BCCH
- High TCH Blocking on target cell
- Wrong TSC setting regarding BSIC allocation
- Bad Neighbor Relation
- HW faulty or Unbalance TRX power among a sector
- Others ( Inter BSC-Inter MSC)
Preparation Data :
- BCCH, BSIC planning, ND report 072
- Cell Stat or TQM of HO distribution and ND report 153
- Alarm (ZEOH & ZEOL) and site visit
- Timing Advance 232
- Adjacent Consistency Check ND060, 62 or 69
- ND Report 73 to check Undefined Neighbor
HOSR Analysis-Tips on Nokia system-2
Problem Analysis :
- Check possibility Co. or Adj. Interference then change BCCH frequency.
- Check neighbor traffic & TCH blocking, check possibility for traffic sharing or directed retry.
- TSC value should be same with BCC, check performance HO out and incoming.
- Parameter setting ADJE to make delay on worst target cell or faster HO on best target, focused on High HO Fail. Relate parameter FMT or AUCL.
- Check TRX alarm (mostly 7745 together with 7743 or 7746). Check TRX configuration.
- Optimize coverage from TA distribution or update missing Neighbor from ND 73.
- Check the highest handover cause: by interference, quality, level, power budget, GPRS, etc. Check for the highest HO failure: by Blocked, Conn. Fail., Return to Old, End of HO,etc. The highest value is possible as the highest contribution of HO fail
SDCCH Success Rate Analysis-Nokia System-1
- Interference on BCCH frequency
- SDCCH Blocking
- SD Drop on Location Update
- A_If, TRC or LAPD Fail
- HW faulty
- Excessive TA
Data Collection :
- ND Report 72 to check BCCH clearance
- Alarm Log
- TA distribution ND Report 232
- Quality and Link Balance ND Report 195 and 196.
- Interference UL and ND 196
SDCCH Success Rate Analysis-Nokia System-2
Problem Analysis :
- Check possibility Co. or Adj. Interference and clear the BCCH frequency.
- Check SDCCH utilization and add SDCCH if needed.
- Change TRP or change SDCCH allocation on TRX with good quality based on ND 196.
- Check TRX alarm (mostly 7745 together with7743 or 7746). Check TRX configuration.
- Check TA distribution, coverage distribution and propose physical tune.
- Optimizing parameter C2 also if Location update is the highest contributor of SD Drop.
- Highest contributor: Fail on RADIO, ABIS, A_IF, TR or LAPD.
- Check TRX alarm (mostly 7745 alone or together with 7743)
- Check RX Lev Access Min and Max Number of Retransmission. Check RACH Rejected and SDCCH request (fails or ghost).
KPI Analysis on Nokia system-TCH drop-1
- Interference on BCCH TRX
- Interference on hopping TRX(DL Interference)
- External Interference (UL interference)
- Bad Neighbor Relation (bad HO)
- Low Coverage
- HW Faulty or TRX Power Unbalance
- Other : A_If, TR or LAPD Fail
Preparation Data :
- BCCH Planning, ND report 072 (DL Interference distribution)
- ND Report 216, 196 and Alarm (Interference)
- ND Report 204, 153, 195 ( HO fail and Path Balance)
- ND Report 232 ( Coverage cell)
- ND Report 163 or TQM drop per causes
KPI Analysis on Nokia system-TCH drop-2
- Check possibility Co. or Adj. Interference. Check clean BCCH frequency.
- Check DL quality Distribution and Check MAL and MAIO
- Check UL quality Distribution, check UL interference Pwr Contrl setting to compensate interference.
- Check % of HO fail from adjacencies, focused on High HO Fail. Check TCH_RF_HO_OLD. Check possibility to add some neighbor. Try to prevent un proper HO and use FMT to reduce drop.
- Check best serving cell, possibility HO to best serving cell (Macro or Indoor) make it faster to prevent drop.
- Check TRX alarm (mostly 7745 together with 7743 or 7746). Check TRX configuration or reset TRX if needed.
- Check TA distribution, coverage spillage and proposed physical tune.
- Check and compare which one the highest: Fail on RADIO, ABIS, A_IF, TR or LAPD.
Hope it’ll be helpfull.
Thanks to http://www.cellular-planningoptimization.com